A limited number of places exist for overseas students in the school at any one time. All overseas students are to have a special literacy assessment before being offered a place.
An Application Fee of AUD$110 is payable with each student application. An Enrolment Fee of AUD$250 is payable with each student placement. Compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover is AUD$429 per student. A Security Bond of AUD$2500 for primary students and AUD$3500 for high school students is payable with each student application. A Confirmation of Enrolment will be provided only after the application fee and security bond is paid. The security bond will be refunded when the student leaves the school.
All school fees are payable in advance, at the beginning of each school year. Tuition Fees applicable for the 2011 year are:
- Primary School (Years K-6): AUD$9500 per year
- Junior High School (Years 7-10): AUD $11,500 per year
- Senior High School (Years11-12): AUD $12,900 per year
Tuition fees do not cover uniforms, textbooks, subject levies, excursions, transport and any optional accomplishments e.g. music tutoring, sports registration (approx. $1000/year). Fees are paid in Australian dollars and are reviewed annually by the School Board.
A discount is allowed for siblings (brothers/sisters) who attend the Sule College at the same time:
- 20% for the second sibling
- 30% for the third and subsequent sibling
Bad Debt Policy
Where the tuition fee is outstanding by last day of February, without any formal explanation or notice provided, the student’s enrolment will be terminated. The process for collecting outstanding fees will involve placing the matter in the hands of a collection agency.
Donations to School Building Fund and the Sule College Library Fund are tax deductible.
Application fees and enrolment fees are not refundable.
Tuition fees are not refundable if:
- The student fails to comply with the conditions of enrolment at the school
- The student breaches the visa requirements of his or her visa as imposed by the Australian government
- The student/parent provides false, inaccurate or misleading information
- The student withdraws during the TAFE NSW English Language Centre
No refund will be given for the English language component.
Part or whole of the tuition fees are refundable for under the following circumstances:
- 100% of school tuition fees paid will be refunded if the student is refused a visa before commencing the course
- If the student commences study at Sule College before the student visa application has been processed and it is subsequently rejected, a pro rata refund of tuition fees paid will be made
- A fee of 20% of the whole of the annual fee (whether the whole or any part of the relevant annual fee has been paid) will be charged to cover administration costs and charges if the student is withdrawn by the parent/guardian for any reason prior to the proposed commencement at the school
- If the student is withdrawn by the parent/guardian for any reason on or after the student’s proposed commencement date at a school, the parent/guardian must give notice of at least one school term duration in advance.A refund of fees will only apply to a term that has not commenced and only after the expiration of one term’s written notice.
- Students in Year 12 who sit for the HSC are regarded as enrolled for the whole year and are not entitled to a refund for Term 4
- If the student becomes an Australian permanent resident, the student will be entitled to a full refund of the remaining fees from the date the student became an Australian permanent resident.